ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) -

A space heater is the likely cause of a fire at an Onalaska home.

At about 9 a.m. Friday, the Onalaska Fire Department responded to a call on the 400 block of 8th Avenue South.

When firefighters arrived, there was no visible smoke coming from the home, but they saw signs of excessive heat build-up in a living quarter above the home's garage. The firefighters used a thermal imaging camera to locate the fire behind some paneling.

The heat build-up caused smoldering and smoke inside the walls. The fire was located and put-out within minutes.