DODGE CENTER, Minn. (AP) - Authorities say an explosion has injured six people at a truck plant in southeastern Minnesota.
The explosion happened Wednesday morning at McNeilus, a truck manufacturer and major employer in Dodge Center about 70 miles southeast of Minneapolis.
Dodge County Sheriff Scott Rose says the explosion happened in the paint shop. Rose says two people were airlifted to a hospital while two others were taken by ambulance. He says two others were being treated at the scene.
Rose says many employees were off-site at training, so there were fewer injuries.
Investigators remain inside the complex, which has closed production for the day. The sheriff says the scene is safe and the road outside has reopened.
McNeilus is part of Oshkosh Corporation in Wisconsin. An Oshkosh representative did not immediately respond to requests for comments.
This story has been corrected to reflect that four people were taken to hospitals instead of five.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse