State Senator Jennifer Shilling will be a guest reader at Bangor Elementary School for their Summer Reading Program kick-off event on Wednesday, June 11 from 5:50-7:30 p.m.
Over the summer, the Bangor Elementary School library will be open one night per week to help promote healthy reading habits to students. This program gives students the opportunity to check out books, listen to stories, and get help from teachers in picking out Good Fit Books.
“Opportunities to develop reading skills are crucial to the success of our young children and students. Bangor Elementary has taken an active role in promoting early childhood reading, and I’m proud to support their effort” said Shilling in a statement.
In addition to the kick-off event, the Program will be in the school library at the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, June 17th 5:30pm-7:30pm
- Monday, June 23rd 5:30pm-7:30pm
- NOT OPEN the week of June 30th due to 4th holiday
- Thursday, July 10th 5:30pm-7:30pm
- Tuesday, July 15th 5:30pm-7:30pm
- Monday, July 21st 5:30pm-7:30pm
- Wednesday, July 30th 5:30pm-7:30pm
- Tuesday, August 5th 5:30pm-7:30pm
- Thursday, August 14th 5:30pm-7:30pm
Wednesday, August 20th 5:30pm-7:30pm
For more information, contact the Bangor School District Reading Specialist Deborah Cromer at email@example.com or (608) 468-5284.