ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - Police say a security guard has been shot and wounded at St. Catherine University in St. Paul.
Authorities are looking for a suspect in the shooting which happened about 9:30 p.m. Tuesday. Police say the suspect shot the unarmed guard after being confronted in a wooded area. Officials say the guard was shot in the shoulder and his injuries don't appear life threatening.
St. Paul police said early Wednesday that officers had ended the immediate search for the shooter, who remained at large.
The private, Catholic university has about 4,800 students.
- Area National Guard members home after helping with Hurricane Irma cleanup
- E. coli cases raising concerns in La Crosse area
- Ceremony remembers those lost to suicide
- Warm, dry weather leads to early start to fall color season
- Voting Rights Rally in La Crosse to raise awareness on gerrymandering, voter suppression
- New northside McDonald's brings high-tech upgrades
- Back to work for UW-La Crosse football
- News 8 Sports Round Up-September 19, 2017
- Refuge closes Round Lake parking area for a day
- The Latest: Hintz elected leader of Assembly Democrats