UPDATE: January 25, 2017
Sean Kasten entered a "not guilty" plea this morning. His next court appearance will be March 16th at 9:45am.
The man accused in a stabbing in La Crescent is waiving his right to fight extradition to Minnesota.
27-year-old Sean Kasten of Ettrick was arrested a week ago after allegedly stabbing Crystal Kerrigan of Bangor, her three-year-old daughter, and his dog multiple times.
Kasten appeared in La Crosse County court this afternoon after receiving medical care in La Crosse to treat self-inflicted stab wounds.
He'll be extradited back to Houston County in Minnesota once the two counties can schedule a time to transport him.
Kasten faces several charges including two counts each of first-degree and second-degree attempted murder.
A 23-year-old Bangor woman, a 3 year old child and a dog were repeatedly stabbed with an edged weapon at the intersection of Willow and Juniper streets.
According to the La Crescent Police Department, the suspect is a 27-year-old La Crosse man, who also had significant self-inflicted injuries.
All three involved were transported to a local hospital for emergency medical care and the dog was treated by a veterinarian.
- Klobuchar promotes Guard and Reserve legislation
- Aspen Dental offers free dental care to veterans
- Ex-Wisconsin teacher sentenced for sexual assault of student
- Company: 5th worker has died after Wisconsin mill explosion
- UW-L science camps offer kids hands-on learning
- Mayo Clinic opens in Belle Square
- ReNew La Crosse celebrates neighborhood revitalization efforts
- Study provides more accurate estimates of genetic breast, ovarian cancer risk
- Rotary racks up the ribs with annual 'Rock-n-Ribs' event
- Celebrate Onalaska kicks off