Riley Hanson wins 2013 Delo Tractor Restoration Competition
Melrose-Mindoro High School senior wins $10,000 Grand Prize
A Melrose-Mindoro High School senior is the grand prize winner of the 2013 Delo Tractor Restoration Competition in Louisville, Kentucky.
Riley Hanson was selected for the $10,000 Grand Prize by a panel of expert judges following presentations by all 12 finalists. He is the first winner since 2008 who is from a state other than Texas.
Hanson, who is a part of the Melrose-Mindoro FFA chapter, restored a 1953 Super H Farmall tractor. He spent more than 400 hours tearing it down, repairing, overhauling, repainting and restoring it.
“We’d like to congratulate Riley Hanson on being our 2013 Delo Tractor Restoration Competition Champion and acknowledge all our participants for their fine work,” said Jeff Snyder, Industrial Brand Specialist for Chevron Products Company.
Here’s the list of finalists for the 2013 Delo Tractor Restoration Competition:
· Melrose-Mindoro FFA, Melrose, WI: 1953 Super H Farmall (Grand Prize Winner)
· Newton High School FFA, Newton, KS: 1958 Oliver 770 Diesel (Reserve Prize Winner)
· Iowa Park High School, Iowa Park, TX: 1976 John Deere 2240 (Third Prize Winner)
· Dubiski Career High School FFA, Grand Prairie, TX: 1957 John Deere 420 (Best Video Winner)
· Cotton Center FFA, Cotton Center, TX: 1952 Ford 8N
· Cuero FFA, Cuero, TX: 1968 Case 1030 Comfort King
· Era High School FFA, Era, TX: 1958 Fordson EIA New Major
· Eufaula FFA, Eufaula, AL: 1939 Ford 9N
· Rogers FFA, Rogers, TX: 1947 Minneapolis Moline RTU
· Southmont FFA, Crawfordsville, IN: 1949 Farmall Cub
· Southwest FFA: San Antonio, TX: 1953 Allis Chalmers G
· Wise County 4H, Rhome, TX: 1946 McCormick W-9
Copyright 2013 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.