LA CROSSE, Wis. - It's a milestone year for an award recognizing exceptional women in our community.
For the past 30 years, the YWCA has held its "Tribute to Outstanding Women."
Women of all ages are honored for their accomplishments and the work they do to make where we live a better place. "It's such a wonderful organization, and I know all the women that have won the awards before and it's just great to be in that category of women, because I know the great things they have done in the community," said one of this year's nominees Marlene Fischer.
13 women were nominated, including five from area high schools. The ceremony Thursday evening was also a way to raise awareness of the abilities and leadership skills of women.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration