LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - Local women are recognized for their contributions to our community.
The YWCA of the Coulee Region held its annual "Tribute to Outstanding Women" in La Crosse Thursday night.
Ten women received the honor for their good work. That includes a girl writing grants to get soap for people in need and leaders fighting bullying in the community.
The organization's executive director says it's great to have the community support for the event. "Very inspiring, I really hope that people come away from this event wanting to go out and do good works in the community," said YWCA Executive Director Robin Tschumper.
News 8's Jennifer Livingston was among the women being honored.22983618
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay