LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - Local women are recognized for their contributions to our community.
The YWCA of the Coulee Region held its annual "Tribute to Outstanding Women" in La Crosse Thursday night.
Ten women received the honor for their good work. That includes a girl writing grants to get soap for people in need and leaders fighting bullying in the community.
The organization's executive director says it's great to have the community support for the event. "Very inspiring, I really hope that people come away from this event wanting to go out and do good works in the community," said YWCA Executive Director Robin Tschumper.
News 8's Jennifer Livingston was among the women being honored.22983618
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion