ONALASKA, WI (WKBT) - Approximately 157 Xcel Energy customers in Onalaska lost natural gas service around 3 p.m. on Thursday.
A spokesperson for Xcel says crews were working on a natural gas upgrade on Rosewood Trail and 13th Avenue S. in Onalaska when they inadvertently shut off service.
Xcel Energy crews will begin visiting affected customers to restore service to their homes by relighting their pilot lights. The spokesperson says crews will be carrying identification badges and will need access to the customers' meters and appliances as part of the relight process.
For customers not home during the service restoration process, a door hanger will be left at their home informing them of the outage and requesting they call Xcel at 1-800-895-4999.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Trump to meet congressional leaders Monday at the White House
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?