LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A ceremonial bill signing brings attention to a growth opportunity for small businesses.
Governor Scott Walker was at Crescent Printing Company in Onalaska to sign a workforce training bill. The bill expands the availability of Workforce Advancement Training Grants to Technical Colleges... and partnering employers.
In 2012, those grants provided support to hundreds of employers and training for more than 77,000 workers. The expansion is expected to help small businesses compete regionally and on a global scale.
"We're going to see some businesses probably that people have never heard of in Western Wisconsin that are able to expand their operations, diversify their market, and it's really at no cost beyond what we've already been spending, because this is an existing program where we're just expanding the definition," said Steve Doyle, Democratic Rep. from the 94th Assembly District.
The bill was officially signed in April.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather