BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. (WKBT) - An 84-year-old woman died after a Sunday morning house fire at 714 Fillmore Street in Black River Falls.
When firefighters arrived on scene, heavy fire was coming from a large window and were told someone was still inside. Firefighters found Margie Johnson fast and got her out of the burning house, but she was declared dead at the scene.
The resuts of Monday's autopsy are not yet known.
Chief Schreiber said the fire is believed to have been caused from lightning, given evidence viewed at the home. Three other homes in the same block also reported lightning damage to electric items in their homes or areas without power on their properties.
The two-story single family house has heavy fire damage on the first floor and heat and smoke damage on the second floor, according to Chief Schreiber. The Hixton Fire Department was called in to help Black River Falls firefighters.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US