BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. (WKBT) - An 84-year-old woman died after a Sunday morning house fire at 714 Fillmore Street in Black River Falls.
When firefighters arrived on scene, heavy fire was coming from a large window and were told someone was still inside. Firefighters found Margie Johnson fast and got her out of the burning house, but she was declared dead at the scene.
The resuts of Monday's autopsy are not yet known.
Chief Schreiber said the fire is believed to have been caused from lightning, given evidence viewed at the home. Three other homes in the same block also reported lightning damage to electric items in their homes or areas without power on their properties.
The two-story single family house has heavy fire damage on the first floor and heat and smoke damage on the second floor, according to Chief Schreiber. The Hixton Fire Department was called in to help Black River Falls firefighters.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death