MADISON, Wis. - Police said a woman died after she was struck by a delivery truck Thursday morning in downtown Madison.
Madison police told News 8's sister statoin WISC-TV a University of Wisconsin System delivery truck was backing up at North Lake Street and Mendota Court when it struck a 60-year-old woman walking behind the vehicle.
The victim was taken to a hospital but police confirmed the woman has died.
Dane County dispatch said it received a report of the accident at 10:30 a.m.
Madison police are investigating the incident. The victim was a UW-Madison employee, police said.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser