MADISON, Wis. - Police said a woman died after she was struck by a delivery truck Thursday morning in downtown Madison.
Madison police told News 8's sister statoin WISC-TV a University of Wisconsin System delivery truck was backing up at North Lake Street and Mendota Court when it struck a 60-year-old woman walking behind the vehicle.
The victim was taken to a hospital but police confirmed the woman has died.
Dane County dispatch said it received a report of the accident at 10:30 a.m.
Madison police are investigating the incident. The victim was a UW-Madison employee, police said.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract