APPLETON, Wis. (AP) -- Police say a 95-year-old woman has died after being struck by a vehicle that rolled back on a sloped drive at St. Pius X Catholic Church after morning Mass.
The Post-Crescent of Appleton reports (http://bit.ly/mpjR59 ) a woman pulled up to the entrance of the church, but it rolled backward as she got out.
The driver was dragged with the car, which struck three people. The 95-year-old woman was one of the three.
The driver and the two other people hit by the car were taken to a local hospital with injuries that were not considered life-threatening.
Police have not yet released the names of those involved. The accident happened about 11:30 a.m. Sunday.
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- New faces breathe new life into debate on Sunday booze ban
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Rodgers appears on cover of Sports Illustrated