OSSEO, WI - Police arrested a woman Thursday in connection to the death of a nearly 2 year old girl in Trempealeau County.
Amanda Butts, 22, is facing a first degree reckless homicide charge.
In June, the 22-month-old girl was found not breathing and later pronounced dead at an Osseo hospital. The victim is the daughter of Butts' boyfriend.
A lengthy investigation led the Osseo Police Department and Trempealeau County Sheriff's Department to arrest Butts Thursday.
The incident is still under investigation, including the infant's cause of death.21179262
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families