OSSEO, WI - Police arrested a woman Thursday in connection to the death of a nearly 2 year old girl in Trempealeau County.
Amanda Butts, 22, is facing a first degree reckless homicide charge.
In June, the 22-month-old girl was found not breathing and later pronounced dead at an Osseo hospital. The victim is the daughter of Butts' boyfriend.
A lengthy investigation led the Osseo Police Department and Trempealeau County Sheriff's Department to arrest Butts Thursday.
The incident is still under investigation, including the infant's cause of death.21179262
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting