LA CROSSE, Wis. - A 23-year-old woman was arrested after she slapped a police officer in the face during an alleged fight at 121 3rd Street in La Crosse on January 1.
According to the criminal complaint, a police officer approached a male and female who appeared to be fighting at 4:35 a.m. The officer said it looked as though Bobby Dupree pushed Samantha Lindgren to the ground.
When the officer tried to lift him off her, Lindgren yelled, "Get off him!" and slapped the officer with an open hand across his left check, the criminal complaint states. The officer told her he was a police officer. She said, "I know" and slapped him a second time.
Another police officer arrived on scene and helped place Lindgren in handcuffs. The complaint states Lindgren continued to attempt to pull away, yell and scream. When officers advised her to keep her voice down, she placed her feet on a wall and tried to push away with her feet.
Eventually, Lindgren was placed in the back of a police squad car and transported to jail, where she was unable to complete the booking procedure and refused a preliminary breath test, although police say she appeared extremely intoxicated.
Samantha Lindgren faces several charges, including battery of a peace officer, resisting an officer, disorderly conduct. She is currently in the La Crosse County Jail.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- Cool, wet conditions put damper on Minnesota spring planting
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Assignment: Education - Backpack meals