LA CROSSE, Wis. - A 23-year-old woman was arrested after she slapped a police officer in the face during an alleged fight at 121 3rd Street in La Crosse on January 1.
According to the criminal complaint, a police officer approached a male and female who appeared to be fighting at 4:35 a.m. The officer said it looked as though Bobby Dupree pushed Samantha Lindgren to the ground.
When the officer tried to lift him off her, Lindgren yelled, "Get off him!" and slapped the officer with an open hand across his left check, the criminal complaint states. The officer told her he was a police officer. She said, "I know" and slapped him a second time.
Another police officer arrived on scene and helped place Lindgren in handcuffs. The complaint states Lindgren continued to attempt to pull away, yell and scream. When officers advised her to keep her voice down, she placed her feet on a wall and tried to push away with her feet.
Eventually, Lindgren was placed in the back of a police squad car and transported to jail, where she was unable to complete the booking procedure and refused a preliminary breath test, although police say she appeared extremely intoxicated.
Samantha Lindgren faces several charges, including battery of a peace officer, resisting an officer, disorderly conduct. She is currently in the La Crosse County Jail.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death