WAUZEKA, Wis. - A woman is arrested in Jackson Co. after allegedly trying to shoot the wife of a man she was having an affair with.
Police arrested 35 year old Mary Janka of South Milwaukee Wednesday afternoon.
Authorities say Janka confronted 53 year old Tad Beutin and his wife Jane at their Township of Wauzeka cabin in Crawford Co.
After a brief exchange of words, Janka reached into her truck, pulled out at 22-caliber hand gun and fired at Jane Beutin at close range.
Jane took off running and Janka followed, firing a total of nine rounds, all of which missed. Tad was eventually able to take the gun away from Janka.
Janka left the scene but was arrested later that day in Jackson Co.
No word yet on possible charges.16876746
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- New faces breathe new life into debate on Sunday booze ban
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Rodgers appears on cover of Sports Illustrated