WAUZEKA, Wis. - A woman is arrested in Jackson Co. after allegedly trying to shoot the wife of a man she was having an affair with.
Police arrested 35 year old Mary Janka of South Milwaukee Wednesday afternoon.
Authorities say Janka confronted 53 year old Tad Beutin and his wife Jane at their Township of Wauzeka cabin in Crawford Co.
After a brief exchange of words, Janka reached into her truck, pulled out at 22-caliber hand gun and fired at Jane Beutin at close range.
Jane took off running and Janka followed, firing a total of nine rounds, all of which missed. Tad was eventually able to take the gun away from Janka.
Janka left the scene but was arrested later that day in Jackson Co.
No word yet on possible charges.16876746
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- GOP gets in lockstep in looming budget fight with Dayton
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 motorcyclists
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline