MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Wisconsin's youth turkey hunt is just a few days away.
The two-day hunt gets under way Saturday. The hunt allows mentors to take children as young as 10 out hunting even if they haven't completed hunter education Mentors must stay within an arm's reach, however.
Children between the ages of 12 and 15 who have completed hunter education may hunt during the youth hunt as long as they're with an adult.
Each child must have a valid spring turkey harvest permit, license and stamp.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016