WAUSAU, Wis. (AP) - The owner of the Wisconsin Woodchucks plans to spend nearly $3 million to renovate a city-owned stadium in Wausau.
Mark Macdonald owns the Northwoods League baseball team and has a plan to develop the area around Athletic Park. Macdonald says work will start on renovating the 450-seat grandstand after the baseball season is over in August. The grandstand will eventually include premium seats, luxury suites and retail shops.
New bleachers, concession stands and party decks will be built in phases over the next three to five years.
The Wausau Daily Herald says Macdonald will donate land and $20,000 cash to the city for a park next to the stadium. The city plans to add street lighting.
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Bond reduced in university student death case
- Iowa man who broke baby daughter's bones gets probation
- Dispatchers receive call about possible homicide
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking