MILWAUKEE (AP) -- -Cheese lovers sampled 40-year-old cheddar cheese and loved it -- not batting an eye that it had been on this earth longer than some of them.
Ashley and Ryan Mikkelson drove from Minneapolis for the tasting at Wisconsin Cheese Mart in Milwaukee on Saturday.
Twenty-eight-year-old Ashley Mikkelson described it as smooth and said she felt she was a part of history.
Forty-two-year-old Deana Dearry said it was lighter than expected.
Store owner Ken McNulty bought 10 pounds from Z's Cheese Shoppe in Oconto. The owner, Edward Zahn, found it in a walk-in cooler this spring. He says it had been overlooked unintentionally for years.
McNulty sold it for $10 an ounce. He says he sold out in the first half hour. The rest he's using for tastings.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening