MILWAUKEE (AP) -- -Cheese lovers sampled 40-year-old cheddar cheese and loved it -- not batting an eye that it had been on this earth longer than some of them.
Ashley and Ryan Mikkelson drove from Minneapolis for the tasting at Wisconsin Cheese Mart in Milwaukee on Saturday.
Twenty-eight-year-old Ashley Mikkelson described it as smooth and said she felt she was a part of history.
Forty-two-year-old Deana Dearry said it was lighter than expected.
Store owner Ken McNulty bought 10 pounds from Z's Cheese Shoppe in Oconto. The owner, Edward Zahn, found it in a walk-in cooler this spring. He says it had been overlooked unintentionally for years.
McNulty sold it for $10 an ounce. He says he sold out in the first half hour. The rest he's using for tastings.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse