MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Recall elections in Wisconsin this year were high profile, but they were far from the only ones.
Recall expert Joshua Spivak tracks recall elections as a senior fellow at Wagner College in New York. He says in 2012 at least 168 officials faced recall elections in 20 states and Washington, D.C., up from at least 151 in 2011.
The recalls against Gov. Scott Walker and Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch were the only ones where officials elected statewide were targeted.
Of the 168 officials nationwide targeted for recall, 82 lost and another 26 resigned before the election could take place. Both Walker and Kleefisch survived.
Spivak says his research isn't all-inclusive and there may have been recalls he missed.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building