WAUWATOSA, Wis. (AP) -- - Police officers across southeast Wisconsin are paying their respects to the Wauwatosa officer killed on active duty earlier this week.
Officer Jennifer Sebena was found dead of multiple gunshots early Monday morning while she patrolled streets of suburban Milwaukee. Her husband has been charged in the death.
Sebena's funeral was set for Saturday at noon in nearby Brookfield.
Law enforcement officers from around the area are offering their support. Some are attending the funeral and others are providing an escort for the procession. Others will be covering for Wauwatosa officers who at the funeral.
The 30-year-old Sebena was in her second year with Wauwatosa police.
The criminal complaint against her husband says she told a colleague her husband had put a gun to her head earlier this month.17946756
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Bond reduced in university student death case
- Iowa man who broke baby daughter's bones gets probation
- Dispatchers receive call about possible homicide
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking