LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Wisconsin is not good for small business, at least that's what a newly released annual study is saying.
Thumbtack.com put out its latest findings today. The website surveyed more than 12,000 small business owners nationwide. They looked at 11 different categories including ease of hiring, tax codes and training.
Wisconsin business owners gave almost every category a C or lower. Health and safety was the lone shining star, earning an A minus. "For a state like ours, where people are often complaining about regulation and taxes, it doesn't surprise me that we ranked lower," said Vicki Markussen from the La Crosse Chamber of Commerce.
One low grade the Chamber was surprised about is worker training, as the state has funneled a lot of money into that recently, especially for the manufacturing industry.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Bushes' spokesman: George H.W., Barbara 'both on the upswing'
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice
- Fiberglass fire causes neighborhood evacuation