LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Wisconsin is not good for small business, at least that's what a newly released annual study is saying.
Thumbtack.com put out its latest findings today. The website surveyed more than 12,000 small business owners nationwide. They looked at 11 different categories including ease of hiring, tax codes and training.
Wisconsin business owners gave almost every category a C or lower. Health and safety was the lone shining star, earning an A minus. "For a state like ours, where people are often complaining about regulation and taxes, it doesn't surprise me that we ranked lower," said Vicki Markussen from the La Crosse Chamber of Commerce.
One low grade the Chamber was surprised about is worker training, as the state has funneled a lot of money into that recently, especially for the manufacturing industry.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure