MADISON, Wis. (AP) - There will be no alcohol on Wisconsin's Rose Bowl-bound equipment truck this year.
The athletic department policy change prohibits transporting alcohol to off-campus events.
It comes in the wake of the John Chadima scandal during last year's trip. He's the senior associate athletic director who allegedly sexually assaulted a student after a party he hosted. It included alcohol bought with booster funds and trucked to games with the rest of the equipment.
The State Journal reports the policy allows for serving of alcohol at other department events but forbids using taxpayer money to buy booze. It also forbids serving student athletes, student managers or minors even if they're accompanied by parents.
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Dayton names new Minnesota State Lottery director
- Walker hopes Trump's tough talk catches Canada's attention
- Walker: Not my job to remove Sheriff Clarke after jail death
- Minnesota woman gets probation for supporting al-Shabab