FOND DU LAC, Wis. (AP) -- A Fond du Lac man accused of shooting his wife in the head will soon be back in Wisconsin.
Jason E. Anderson is charged with first-degree intentional homicide in the death of 33-year-old Nicole L. Anderson.
Police found Nicole Anderson in the bedroom Nov. 8 with an empty handgun holster and spent shell casing on the floor. The criminal complaint says detectives tracked the 35-year-old to Birmingham, Ala., after he used a debit card.
Fond du Lac Police Department Capt. Steve Klein tells The Reporter Anderson waived his right to fight extradition from Alabama and will be brought back next week.
Two detectives flew to Alabama last week to interview Anderson. Klein would not confirm that Anderson has confessed, but he says the "investigation is progressing well."
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls