WAUKEGAN, Ill. (AP) - A Benedictine monk from Wisconsin has denied trying to abduct four Illinois girls.
The Waukegan News-Sun reports that 57-year-old Thomas Chmura was arraigned on Tuesday in Lake County. He is accused of trying to lure a 14-year-old girl, two 12-year-old girls and an 11-year-old girl into his vehicle last month. He denied the child abduction charges during the hearing.
Chmura lives at St. Benedict's Abbey in Benet Lake, Wis. He was arrested based on a description provided by one of the girls.
Chmura remains in the Lake County jail on $150,000 bond.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks