WAUKEGAN, Ill. (AP) - A Benedictine monk from Wisconsin has denied trying to abduct four Illinois girls.
The Waukegan News-Sun reports that 57-year-old Thomas Chmura was arraigned on Tuesday in Lake County. He is accused of trying to lure a 14-year-old girl, two 12-year-old girls and an 11-year-old girl into his vehicle last month. He denied the child abduction charges during the hearing.
Chmura lives at St. Benedict's Abbey in Benet Lake, Wis. He was arrested based on a description provided by one of the girls.
Chmura remains in the Lake County jail on $150,000 bond.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser
- Parents accused of starving teen daughter plead not guilty
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore