DARLINGTON, WI - A Wisconsin man has been sentenced to life in prison in a fatal fire that killed his three nephews and his brother's unborn child.
A judge sentenced Jeremy Wand on Thursday after earlier refusing Wand's request to withdraw his guilty pleas in the case. Wand will be eligible for parole in 35 years.
Wand pleaded guilty in June to three counts of being a party to first-degree intentional homicide and other charges. He later said he felt pressured to enter the pleas.
Prosecutors say Wand and his brother, Armin Wand III, set the fire last year at Armin Wand's home in a scheme to collect on insurance policies. Armin Wand is serving three consecutive life terms without parole.
Armin Wand was sentenced to three consecutive life terms.
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser