LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - For the first time this year, home sales in Wisconsin are seeing improvement.
June home sales in the state rose 4.5% compared to last year. Also, median home prices remained stable, increasing only .6%.
However, it was a different story locally.
In La Crosse County, home sales actually dropped nearly 3.5% compared to last year. Also, median home prices in the county rose more than 7%.
Despite the numbers, area realtors are staying optimistic about the new report. "Our affordability in the La Crosse market is really positive. If you say check the other markets like Madison or Milwaukee area you're going to find that our price point is really affordable compared to other parts of the Wisconsin market," said the President of the La Crosse Area Realtor's Association Cindy Gerke-Edwards.
Realtors say the state's modest job growth and decrease in unemployment will help the housing market continue to grow.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017