MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The Wisconsin Historical Society is allowing visitors to name their price to get into the society's 11 historical sites and museums.
The promotion will be offered at a different location for 11 Saturdays. It started last month with the Wisconsin Historical Museum in Madison and ends July 30 with Stonefield in Cassville.
Sites on the list include Villa Louis in Prairie du Chien, the H.H. Bennett Studio in Wisconsin Dells, Pendarvis in Mineral Point, Madeline Island Museum in La Pointe, Old World Wisconsin in Eagle, First Capitol in Belmont and Wade House in Greenbush.
Alicia Goehring, administrator of the historic sites, says the promotion will allow some families a more affordable option and she hopes that's balanced by the generosity of others.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016