MADISON, Wis. (AP) - The Wisconsin Historical Society is gearing up to present its annual Civil War re-enactment.
The historical society's 22nd annual Civil War Weekend is scheduled to run Saturday and Sunday at Wade House, a historic stagecoach inn in Greenbush.
Visitors will get a chance to watch full-scale battles each day. They'll also see actors playing Confederate and Union soldiers drill, a medical field hospital and 19th-century photography demonstrations. An actor portraying President Abraham Lincoln also will be on hand to share thoughts on how to preserve the Union and sign autographs.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.