MADISON, Wis. (AP) - The Wisconsin Historical Society is gearing up to present its annual Civil War re-enactment.
The historical society's 22nd annual Civil War Weekend is scheduled to run Saturday and Sunday at Wade House, a historic stagecoach inn in Greenbush.
Visitors will get a chance to watch full-scale battles each day. They'll also see actors playing Confederate and Union soldiers drill, a medical field hospital and 19th-century photography demonstrations. An actor portraying President Abraham Lincoln also will be on hand to share thoughts on how to preserve the Union and sign autographs.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks