WHITEHALL, Wis. (AP) -- - Firefighters at one department in west-central Wisconsin say they never imagined they'd be posing half-naked for a 2013 calendar.
But because the proceeds benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters of the 7 Rivers Region, several Trempealeau County firemen were willing to bare their chests.
Eleva fire Chief Brett Semingson says six or seven guys posed in front of a controlled burn over the summer. He says the models were apprehensive at first, but "once they got started it went a little wild."
An Eau Claire Leader-Telegram report says 5,000 calendars have been printed. They went on sale Saturday for $15 apiece.
Photographer Cynthya Porter of Winona, Minn., says the photos are so tasteful that even the firefighters' wives are happy with them.
Calendars can be purchased at United Bank locations in Trempealeau County, or by calling Debbie Wright at 715-287-3296.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser
- Parents accused of starving teen daughter plead not guilty
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore