WHITEHALL, Wis. (AP) -- - Firefighters at one department in west-central Wisconsin say they never imagined they'd be posing half-naked for a 2013 calendar.
But because the proceeds benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters of the 7 Rivers Region, several Trempealeau County firemen were willing to bare their chests.
Eleva fire Chief Brett Semingson says six or seven guys posed in front of a controlled burn over the summer. He says the models were apprehensive at first, but "once they got started it went a little wild."
An Eau Claire Leader-Telegram report says 5,000 calendars have been printed. They went on sale Saturday for $15 apiece.
Photographer Cynthya Porter of Winona, Minn., says the photos are so tasteful that even the firefighters' wives are happy with them.
Calendars can be purchased at United Bank locations in Trempealeau County, or by calling Debbie Wright at 715-287-3296.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse