MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Professional Fire Fighters of Wisconsin President Mahlon Mitchell is running for lieutenant governor as a Democrat.
Mitchell announced his plans Monday in an interview with The Associated Press before holding a news conference in Milwaukee.
Milwaukee private investigator Ira Robins has also said he plans on running for the Democratic Party's nomination.
The 35-year-old Mitchell has been active in the effort to recall Republican Gov. Scott Walker and Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch. He is a lieutenant on the Madison fire department, where he has served for nearly 15 years.
Once election officials determine enough signatures were gathered to trigger a recall, any primary would be May 8 with the general election June 5. Kleefisch and Walker would appear separately on the ballot.9568954
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted