FOND DU LAC, Wis. (AP) -- Just in time for the holidays, Mercury Marine Inc. will pay a one-time bonus Friday to about 1,200 of its hourly workers in Fond du Lac.
Company spokesman Steve Fleming says the outboard-engine maker performed well this year despite challenging market conditions. He says Mercury is using the bonuses to show its appreciation to its employees.
The company wouldn't say how much the bonuses will be. But The Reporter newspaper in Fond du Lac says the amount is reportedly about $1,200.
Mark Zillges is the president of Local 1947 of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. He says the bonuses are a nice gesture, particularly after employees gave up a lot of concessions in recent years. He says it's a step in the right direction.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016