FOND DU LAC, Wis. (AP) -- Just in time for the holidays, Mercury Marine Inc. will pay a one-time bonus Friday to about 1,200 of its hourly workers in Fond du Lac.
Company spokesman Steve Fleming says the outboard-engine maker performed well this year despite challenging market conditions. He says Mercury is using the bonuses to show its appreciation to its employees.
The company wouldn't say how much the bonuses will be. But The Reporter newspaper in Fond du Lac says the amount is reportedly about $1,200.
Mark Zillges is the president of Local 1947 of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. He says the bonuses are a nice gesture, particularly after employees gave up a lot of concessions in recent years. He says it's a step in the right direction.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse