MADISON, Wis. (AP) - State transportation officials are reminding motorists Sturgeon Bay's Bayview Bridge will close next month for $4.8 million worth of repairs and upgrades.
The bridge is set to close to vehicular and pedestrian traffic on March 4. Traffic will be re-routed through Sturgeon Bay and drivers should expect delays.
The bridge opened in 1978. The last major repairs to it were done in 2004. The new project calls for structural steel repair and painting as well as electrical and machinery upgrades.
The bridge is scheduled to reopen by July.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse