MADISON, Wis. (AP) - State transportation officials are reminding motorists Sturgeon Bay's Bayview Bridge will close next month for $4.8 million worth of repairs and upgrades.
The bridge is set to close to vehicular and pedestrian traffic on March 4. Traffic will be re-routed through Sturgeon Bay and drivers should expect delays.
The bridge opened in 1978. The last major repairs to it were done in 2004. The new project calls for structural steel repair and painting as well as electrical and machinery upgrades.
The bridge is scheduled to reopen by July.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser