MADISON, Wis. (AP) - The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources is taking public comment on a plan to rebuild a portion of transmission line along a state trail.
Xcel Energy wants to rebuild eight miles of an transmission line between Jim Falls and Lake Wissota. Six miles of the line runs parallel with the Old Abe State Trial. The reconstruction project calls for taller poles about 15 feet closer to the trail.
The utility is negotiating with the DNR for an easement along the trail. Agency officials say they don't anticipate any significant adverse environmental effects.
The DNR will take written and email comments through Feb. 12.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather