MADISON, Wis. (AP) - The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources is taking public comment on a plan to rebuild a portion of transmission line along a state trail.
Xcel Energy wants to rebuild eight miles of an transmission line between Jim Falls and Lake Wissota. Six miles of the line runs parallel with the Old Abe State Trial. The reconstruction project calls for taller poles about 15 feet closer to the trail.
The utility is negotiating with the DNR for an easement along the trail. Agency officials say they don't anticipate any significant adverse environmental effects.
The DNR will take written and email comments through Feb. 12.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest