MADISON, Wis. (AP) - State environmental officials are taking public comments on three businesses' applications to join the Green Tier program.
Badger Mining Corporation, silica sand producer Unimin Corporation and metal recycling outfit Waukesha Iron and Metal all are vying to join the program, which provides regulatory flexibility for businesses that commit to protecting the environment.
The Department of Natural Resources will take written comments on the applicants through Dec. 19.
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser