MADISON, Wis. (AP) - The state Department of Natural Resources is planning a workshop for prospective fishing instructors.
The workshop is set for Feb. 16 at Devil's Lake State Park. DNR experts will train people who wish to become instructors and fishing mentors. Adults who complete the workshop can get certified as angler education instructors and teach fishing programs in their own communities.
The session is free but the DNR requires a $15 fee to ensure attendance. Participants will get their money back at the end of the workshop.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US