MADISON, Wis. (AP) - State wildlife officials have a new lead sturgeon expert.
Department of Natural Resources biologist Ryan Koenigs will officially replace Ron Bruch on Feb. 9. Bruch served as the agency's lead sturgeon biologist from 1990 until last year. He now directs budgeting and communications for the DNR's statewide fisheries program.
Koenigs holds a bachelor's degree in fisheries and limnology from the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point and a master's degree in biology from the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh. He has served as a DNR fisheries management technician in Oshkosh for the last four years.
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration