MADISON, Wis. (AP) - The state Department of Natural Resources is looking for applicants to serve on a new wildlife rehabilitation council.
DNR Secretary Cathy Stepp is looking for people with experience in wildlife rehabilitation, wildlife health and the captive wildlife industry to fill 18 three-year terms on the council.
The group would advise the DNR on wildlife rehabilitation and captive wildlife matters as well as implement education programs and help the DNR inspect wildlife rehabilitation facilities.
Anyone interested can apply through the DNR's website.
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East