MADISON, Wis. (AP) - The state Department of Natural Resources is looking for applicants to serve on a new wildlife rehabilitation council.
DNR Secretary Cathy Stepp is looking for people with experience in wildlife rehabilitation, wildlife health and the captive wildlife industry to fill 18 three-year terms on the council.
The group would advise the DNR on wildlife rehabilitation and captive wildlife matters as well as implement education programs and help the DNR inspect wildlife rehabilitation facilities.
Anyone interested can apply through the DNR's website.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?