MADISON, Wis. (AP) - A Wisconsin game organization is offering a $500 reward for a tip that leads to a conviction in a bear poaching case in St. Croix County.
The Department of Natural Resources says someone killed the bear while it was hibernating in a culvert near Star Prairie in February. The DNR says the bear was dragged from the culvert to another location and decapitated. The bear's body was found in the town of Somerset.
The Star Prairie Fish & Game organization is offering the cash reward. Tips should be made to the DNR.
Wardens say the bear was 250 to 300 pounds, so it's likely more than one person was involved in the crime.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract