MADISON, Wis. (AP) - A Wisconsin game organization is offering a $500 reward for a tip that leads to a conviction in a bear poaching case in St. Croix County.
The Department of Natural Resources says someone killed the bear while it was hibernating in a culvert near Star Prairie in February. The DNR says the bear was dragged from the culvert to another location and decapitated. The bear's body was found in the town of Somerset.
The Star Prairie Fish & Game organization is offering the cash reward. Tips should be made to the DNR.
Wardens say the bear was 250 to 300 pounds, so it's likely more than one person was involved in the crime.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser