MADISON, Wis. (AP) - The state Department of Natural Resources has issued more than 135,000 spring turkey permits through its annual lottery.
DNR officials say 135,155 applicants won a permit. The agency will make another 99,610 permits available through over-the-counter sales in March.
The spring turkey season will from April 10 through May 21. The season will be divided into six seven-day periods across seven zones.
Hunters killed 42,433 turkeys during the 2012 spring season.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game