MADISON, Wis. (AP) - The state Department of Natural Resources has issued more than 135,000 spring turkey permits through its annual lottery.
DNR officials say 135,155 applicants won a permit. The agency will make another 99,610 permits available through over-the-counter sales in March.
The spring turkey season will from April 10 through May 21. The season will be divided into six seven-day periods across seven zones.
Hunters killed 42,433 turkeys during the 2012 spring season.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016