MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The four Democrats vying for a shot at unseating Republican Gov. Scott Walker in a recall election are set to clash in a debate at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Tom Barrett, Kathleen Falk, Kathleen Vinehout and Doug La Follette all are expected to appear at a Wisconsin Public Television debate Friday evening. The debate will mark final go-round between all four candidates ahead of Tuesday's primary. The winner will advance to face Walker in the June 5 general recall election.
Democrats have forced Walker and five other Republicans into recall elections as punishment for passing a contentious law stripping most public workers of their union rights. Democrats, though, have worked over the last few weeks to turn the election into a referendum on Wisconsin's sputtering economy.12572804
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.