MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The four Democrats vying for a shot at unseating Republican Gov. Scott Walker in a recall election are set to clash in a debate at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Tom Barrett, Kathleen Falk, Kathleen Vinehout and Doug La Follette all are expected to appear at a Wisconsin Public Television debate Friday evening. The debate will mark final go-round between all four candidates ahead of Tuesday's primary. The winner will advance to face Walker in the June 5 general recall election.
Democrats have forced Walker and five other Republicans into recall elections as punishment for passing a contentious law stripping most public workers of their union rights. Democrats, though, have worked over the last few weeks to turn the election into a referendum on Wisconsin's sputtering economy.12572804
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers