MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Democrats have asked state election officials to keep six Republicans running as Democrats off this spring's recall ballots.
Democrats have forced Republican Gov. Scott Walker, Republican Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch and four GOP state senators into recalls to punish them for passing a law that stripped public workers of their union rights.
Six Republicans are running as Democrats to ensure a Democratic primary in each race. The Democrats' attorney, Jeremy Levinson, filed a complaint with the Government Accountability Board Thursday asking the board to disqualify them, saying they falsely represented themselves as Democrats when they were collecting nomination signatures.10672642
GAB spokesman Reid Magney says the board will consider the complaint at a meeting next week.
State Republican Party spokesman Ben Sparks didn't immediately return a message.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- M.S. Walk raising money for medical research
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies