MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Democrats have asked state election officials to keep six Republicans running as Democrats off this spring's recall ballots.
Democrats have forced Republican Gov. Scott Walker, Republican Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch and four GOP state senators into recalls to punish them for passing a law that stripped public workers of their union rights.
Six Republicans are running as Democrats to ensure a Democratic primary in each race. The Democrats' attorney, Jeremy Levinson, filed a complaint with the Government Accountability Board Thursday asking the board to disqualify them, saying they falsely represented themselves as Democrats when they were collecting nomination signatures.10672642
GAB spokesman Reid Magney says the board will consider the complaint at a meeting next week.
State Republican Party spokesman Ben Sparks didn't immediately return a message.
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton says he will finish his term despite being diagnosed with prostate cancer
- La Crosse in top 20 college towns
- Assignment: Education - Global Partners mentors Hamilton students
- Trump to take executive action advancing oil pipelines
- United Way nears campaign goal
- Mayo study proposes method to lower circumcision costs
- La Crosse County sees record home sales in 2016
- Couleecap granted $53,000 for entrepreneurial support
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature