SCHOFIELD, Wis. (AP) -- A Wisconsin company is looking to hire about 60 people to help with the planned expansion at Lambeau Field.
Merrill Iron and Steel in Schofield will provide structural support as the Green Bay Packers add nearly 7,000 seats to the south end zone to accommodate the nearly 80,000 fans waiting for season tickets.
Company President Roger Hinner says Merrill Iron and Steel is glad for the opportunity to once again fabricate steel for the Packers organization. He says the project will begin at the end of the season and should take about four or five months to complete.
WSAW-TV reports that when the company begins hiring it will be adding welders and production staff workers.
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Monday closings due to weather
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion