SCHOFIELD, Wis. (AP) -- A Wisconsin company is looking to hire about 60 people to help with the planned expansion at Lambeau Field.
Merrill Iron and Steel in Schofield will provide structural support as the Green Bay Packers add nearly 7,000 seats to the south end zone to accommodate the nearly 80,000 fans waiting for season tickets.
Company President Roger Hinner says Merrill Iron and Steel is glad for the opportunity to once again fabricate steel for the Packers organization. He says the project will begin at the end of the season and should take about four or five months to complete.
WSAW-TV reports that when the company begins hiring it will be adding welders and production staff workers.
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- GOP gets in lockstep in looming budget fight with Dayton
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 motorcyclists
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline