MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Two southwestern Wisconsin brothers accused of trying to wipe out their family in a fire are due back in court this week.
Armin Wand III and Jeremy Wand are scheduled to enter pleas to multiple charges, including homicide and arson, on Wednesday in Lafayette County.
Prosecutors allege the brothers set Armin Wand's Argyle home on fire Sept. 7 in an effort to kill Armin Wand's family because he wanted a fresh start.
Armin Wand III's three sons were killed. His pregnant wife managed to rescue their 2-year-old daughter but family members say she suffered injuries that killed her unborn child.
Jeremy Wand's attorney, Frank Medina, says his client likely will plead not guilty and force prosecutors to prove their case at trial. Armin Wand's attorney didn't immediately return a message.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather