MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Prosecutors in Fond du Lac County have charged a 16-year-old boy accused of shooting an arrow that struck a little girl in the back with a felony.
Casey Bennett of Campbellsport faces one felony count of second-degree reckless injury and a misdemeanor count of obstructing an officer.
Investigators wrote in a criminal complaint filed Friday that Bennett first said he didn't know who shot the girl. Later, though, he said he was trying to hit a squirrel, missed and heard a girl scream.
Seven-year-old Aryanna Schneeburg was playing outside on May 20 when she was hit in the back. Doctors said she was lucky she survived.
A judge waived Bennett into adult court on Thursday. Online court records didn't list a defense attorney.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest