MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Prosecutors in Fond du Lac County have charged a 16-year-old boy accused of shooting an arrow that struck a little girl in the back with a felony.
Casey Bennett of Campbellsport faces one felony count of second-degree reckless injury and a misdemeanor count of obstructing an officer.
Investigators wrote in a criminal complaint filed Friday that Bennett first said he didn't know who shot the girl. Later, though, he said he was trying to hit a squirrel, missed and heard a girl scream.
Seven-year-old Aryanna Schneeburg was playing outside on May 20 when she was hit in the back. Doctors said she was lucky she survived.
A judge waived Bennett into adult court on Thursday. Online court records didn't list a defense attorney.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- M.S. Walk raising money for medical research
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies