SPRING VALLEY, Wis. (AP) -- - The Pierce County Sheriff's Department says an 11-year-old boy accidentally fired a handgun and struck his 9-year-old brother in the leg at their home in Spring Valley.
The incident happened Saturday afternoon. The sheriff's department says the 11-year-old was unloading the gun when he accidentally fired it. The 9-year-old was taken to a hospital in Menomonie before being airlifted to Regions Hospital in St. Paul.
The sheriff's department is investigating the shooting but has not released the victim's name. A Regions media representative says Sunday that the hospital cannot release his condition without being provided his name.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns
- CSAs connecting fresh produce to consumers
- La Crosse 12-year-old to clean up skate park with community help
- Thousands honored in La Crosse for volunteering