MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Animal lover are planning a memorial for the wolves Wisconsin hunters killed this fall.
Organizer Deanna Devaul, a member of the Alliance for Animals, says the memorial is scheduled for Friday afternoon in front of the state Department of Natural Resources headquarters in Madison. She says the proceedings will include candles, bell-ringing and a poem honoring the dead wolves.
The DNR ran the state's first organized wolf hunt this fall. Hunters killed 117 animals statewide.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns