KIMBERLY, Wis. (AP) - A Kimberly woman who used a billboard to seek a kidney donor credits the ensuing publicity for helping her find a match.
Stephanie Henderson had a kidney transplant in the 1990s but the new kidney has also failed.
To help find a new donor, family and friends created Team Steph. The group bought a billboard along Highway 41 that read, "Young Mother Needs Live Kidney Donor Is It You?"
WBAY-TV did a story on the billboard, and someone who saw the coverage stepped forward and went through the necessary testing. A match was confirmed, and Henderson is now scheduled for surgery next week.
Team Steph member Joy Sams says she's so thankful for the news. She says there's no present that can match what Henderson is getting this Christmas.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US