FOND DU LAC, Wis. (AP) - A Fond du Lac woman is accused of throwing herself to the ground and trying to hurt herself so an ambulance would give her a free ride home.
A Reporter of Fond du Lac report says a man called police saying the 36-year-old woman wouldn't stop hassling him for money.
The woman said the man owed her $100. Police told her to take up the matter in court and leave the property. She said she had no money for cab fare and asked police to drive her home.
When the officer refused she asked for an ambulance. The officer said she had to be injured, so she threw herself down and said she hurt her knee.
Police called the ambulance but told the woman she'd be billed.
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East