BENTON, Wis. - The Lafayette County sheriff says the superintendent of a southwestern Wisconsin school district has died in a car crash.
Sheriff Scott Pedley says 54-year-old Gary Neis of Benton died when his car went off Highway 11, struck a tree and overturned Tuesday.
Neis was pronounced dead at the scene. He was the only person in the car
Neis was superintendent of Wisconsin's Pecatonica School District in Blanchardville. The district has about 430 students in kindergarten through 12th grade.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016