BENTON, Wis. - The Lafayette County sheriff says the superintendent of a southwestern Wisconsin school district has died in a car crash.
Sheriff Scott Pedley says 54-year-old Gary Neis of Benton died when his car went off Highway 11, struck a tree and overturned Tuesday.
Neis was pronounced dead at the scene. He was the only person in the car
Neis was superintendent of Wisconsin's Pecatonica School District in Blanchardville. The district has about 430 students in kindergarten through 12th grade.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game